So pretty much I've decided that before I leave here, I would LOVE to go to an actual football (soccer) game. I watched my first game, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed myself while doing it!! It was really fun, and I was with a girl who knows Arsenal very well, so she filled me in on stuff that I had no idea about..I'd definitely would love to see a game, so hopefully that can happen. It was so exciting, and unlike any other sport I watch there was something going on for every second of the game...Even though Arsenal lost, I still had a good time. After the game we decided to go on a little adventure, and ended up walking around for almost 3 hours. Because when we went and saw it the first time by tube, I had NO IDEA how close I was to St. Paul's Cathedral. It's legit a 15 minute walk from my flat, and I was super excited to find that...We just walked around, and ended up on Fleet Street, which is where Sweeney Todd's barber shop was located...We just walked around for a bit, stuck our heads into a few stores, saw some pretty churches and ended up just walking back, and we didnt get lost! So it was a very successful adventure besides the fact that I didn't have my camera..oh well, I guess thats why I'm living here for 4 months...
Today I decided to be productive, and get work done. So don't worry Tom and Nance, I'm doing work while I'm here too! hahaha. I went to the library for a while, and did my reading for sociology, which took a long time but I actually found it interesting. After that a friend and I decided that we wanted Chinese food for dinner, so we went to Picadilly Circus to find it. It was a really cool area, and was pretty much the times square of London, but a lot smaller...It was also really cool because the statue of Eros was there, and it was really pretty...The entire area was just really alive, and it's definitely a good place to go find different types of restaurants, and be a tourist...On our way back to the flats, we also found Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station!! And for anyone who hasn't read or seen Harry Potter, it's where Harry has to catch the train for Hogwarts..so I took pictures with it, and it was really entertaining because there were other people around as well and we were all just being nerds..hahaha..oh well!!!
Besides that I have really just been relaxing, and trying to get on a regular sleeping pattern. I always try and go to sleep between 12 and 2, but either when I go to bed I go right to sleep, or it takes me at least a hour...So hopefully that will change, because its not cool!!
Anywho, I hope anyone reading this is having a great day back in the US. If someone wanted to send my way any updates on the world, yankees, uconn sports (because nothing else is really exciting in Storrs) ya know..anything..that'd be great! hahaha..thats all for now. Cheerio!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
blogging is rough and takes a lot of work! I dont think people understand that! Plus it sucks not getting comments cuz i know i look forward to them all the time, therefore i am commenting for the sake of commenting. YAY!..but then you get more comments than i do so whatever!
ReplyDelete