So it's my second full day here, and I've decided that London is definitely the greatest city ever. It's awesome, and gorgeous, and..i could go on and on..but i wont
The past twodays we spent doing orientation training for our volunteer program, with our "boss" (who is more like our friend, but whatever) and it was really cool. we did a lot of like..team building stuff, but it was more about our personal lives, and how we are in dealing with stuff....last night after the first night of training, we all met up at a pizza place (pizza express..they're EVERYWHERE!!) and it was decent. UConn once again bought us bought us wine, but I think after this week thats going to stop..hahaa..we then just hung out, and I attempted to fall asleep, and failed because for the first time I felt jet lag..and my pillows are like rocks..after training today we had some free time, and went to the Tate modern museum, which was really cool..there was this one exhibit that was a huge black room, and you were just supposed to walk through it and get a different thing out of it...We also saw St. Paul's cathedral, the Millenium bridge (which leads you over the Thames River), The Globe Theatre, and walked around to the London Bridge tube stop to get back to our flats..im slowly but surely seeing all the "main attractions," of London. It's cool because the British Art Museum is literally right across the street from where all my classes are, so I definitely plan on spending a lot of time in there.
That's all I have for now...Cheerio!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holly! I'm so happy you're having a blast, getting free wine, seeing London's attractions! I can't wait to come visit you sooonnn, you'll have to take me to all the cool places!! :)
ReplyDelete