So now that I have had all my classes more than once, and finally had the museums class, I guess it is sinking in now more than ever that I am here for 4 months. Not that it's a bad thing, because I absolutely love London, but I guess it's just felt like vacation up until this point..
Anyway, since my last blog I have just been going to class, and nothing all that much more...Tuesday I had my sociology class, which I think is going to be really interesting. One of our assignments is looking deeper into one of the subjects we're discussing for one of the lectures, and my partner and I decided to do like trading body parts on the black market...so that'll be pretty interesting to say the least..Wednesday I had my placement, and it is without a doubt going to be VERY exhausting, but also very rewarding to say the least. Pretty much it looks like my day is going to be as follows:
- Get there for 930 AM (meaning leaving my flat at 9)
- Run an aerobics class with the other girl from my program for older, not so fit bangali women (which will be VERY interesting---we pretty much got suckered into it, but I think it'll be fun)
- Walk over to a local secondary school, and do lunch club with bangali girls ages 11-15 for about a hour..We eat lunch with them, then do a short activity (so if anyone has any easy craft or cooking ideas, let me know!)
- Then after that, once it gets up and running, our new afterschool program, which the girl from my program and I are coming up with, organizing, and starting with one of the directors at Arbour (which in case you forgot is where my placement is)
Needless to say it's going to be a very busy day for me every wednesday, but I'm looking forward to getting involved, and being able to spend my time at the centre and experience a completely different side of London.
Thursdays start off really great, but by the end of it I am absoultely drained..I have two classes from 2-8...I FINALLY started my museums class, and I think I am really going to like it. My professor is this tiny british woman working on her masters degree (she says it's because she wants to be able to get a student discount into the museums) and she is SUCH A HOOT. She's very bubbly, energetic, and pretty much the class time we have is either completely spent at a museum, or half in the class room and half at the British museum (which have I mentioned, is RIGHT across the street from school, providing a much more exciting walk to class than storrs..haha) and it rotates every week..But then after that is my Global Citizens class, with everyone in the program, and everyone is just dead and the professor is terrible and we can't really understand her..I guess it could be worse, liking 3/4 of my classes isn't terrible. I think it'll be better once the other professors show up and start teaching every once in a while, just for a change of pace..but yeah..all my classes are just a lot of reading, and writing. I have no exams, but just huge papers, ranging from 9-15 pages each for all my classes, including my placement (because it counts as a class) and they're all due pretty much at the same time..oh well, I'd take it over studying any day.
We're starting to plan spring break, and I think it's going to turn into the weekend trip with the group to Liverpool, and then 5 days in Italy and I am SUPER excited..I'm also seeing Wicked tomorrow, having HIBATCHI food for dinner tonight, and about to go walk around and take some pictures:)
Thats about all the news in my life right about now.. I think I might be going to Greece my last week here, so I'm starting to look into that as well...PARIS NEXT WEEKEND!!! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment