Hello from across the pond!! I finally got my wireless internet to work, so now that it's up and running consider yourself lucky that I'll be updating it as frequently as possible.
So I am currently in my flat, and it's great!! I have two other roommates, and the size of the rooms is bigger than anything I've ever seen at UConn. We each have our own little closet/dresser thing, and then we have a full bathroom, which is probably about the size of the one I have at home, and a full kitchen/living room area. We're in a really quiet neighborhood, and all of the flats are together which is nice so everyone in the program is relatively close to each other.
My flight over here was pretty good. I sat next to three british ladies, who were in new york on a "shopping holiday" and they were SUCH A HOOT. They were drinking wine, laughing, and flirting with the flight attendent the whole time. It was pretty much the british version of sex in the city. I watched Transformers 2, which is a much better movie than the first one..a little long but thats ok. I was also let down by the movie post grad, which in case anyone is wondering has Rory from gilmore girls in it. I watched for about 5 minutes, and decided it wasnt worth my time. Sleeping was a complete failure, got in about maybe 40 minutes...and then after that we landed at 6 AM London time, and by the time we got through customs and everything it was 8 AM London time..It was about a 40 minute drive to our flat, so we got there around 9 AM and settled in and I was final able to take a nap at about 1030, when my body was telling me it was 530 AM. I woke up really confused, and got dressed and such and we went for a walking tour of the area, and then to dinner as a group. Guess what Nance, THEY HAD SALMON! ha! thats what I ate, and it was delicious. It was also on UConn's tab, and they bought us all a glass of wine which was nice as well. We then got back after my burning hot shower (the temperature nob is/was broken? who knows) and slept
Today we woke up at 830, and all morning we had orientation and then after that we had a bunch of free time..we walked around the area where our classes are, which is about a 20 minute walk from the flat. After that we went for a bit into the British Museum..I definitely need to go back there because the place is HUGE..but I did see the Rosetta stone which was cool..
Tonight we're going to learn how to swing dance, which should be fun except everyones exhausted so it'll be interesting.
That is all for now. Cheerio!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIVY i love your blog and I'm so excited to hear about all your adventures !!!
ReplyDelete-steph hart
Sounds awesome! I'm glad you are settled in, because i still have not. I need to buy hangers and what nots for my lovely room. You should come visit Kensington! Its a hoot!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, swing dancing?! That's what you an me wanna do!
ReplyDelete