Sunday, January 24, 2010

A 4 day weekend..

So I've decided that having a 4 day weekend is going to DEFINITELY take some getting used to. For someone who is used to having class Monday-Friday, its so weird having so much free time. I guess I need to start making a list of all the things I want to do within London, and just start doing them..It's just weird that I have so much free time, and the only work I have to do this far is reading that I'm just going to do all day tomorrow..so yeah..I guess Im just going to have to start going on adventures :)

Since my last entry I have had my Global Citizenships class..and let me tell you..a class from 5-8 is TERRIBLE. Everyone was pretty much bored out of their mind, and we couldnt really understand the professor all that well which made it that much harder..I think my class schedule in general is just going to be really hard to get used too.Im looking forward to the museums class starting up this week, I think it'll be a nice break to not have to sit in the classroom for the whole 3 hours, and go seem the museums within London.

We didn't end up going to Buckingham Palace, or the aquarium..But we did go to this really awesome square, called Trafalgar Square it was this wide open area, with a museum in the back (but it was closed because we went at night) and then a huge monument thing in the middle, and lion statutes..it was random, but when I typed in "things to do for free in London" it popped up, and ended up being really cool, and absolutely gorgeous all lit up at night. The problem with being here in January is that nothing is in bloom..so all the gardens that London has, and all the parks, would just be cold and not as pretty as they would be come April..So I guess we'll have to wait for that..

Other than that, nothing is all that new. I do have to say one thing though..GO HUSKIES!!! I saw videos of the court rush at the end of the game, and it looked pretty sweet...(for anyone who either 1) doesnt follow basketball or 2) does follow basketball, but just lives under a rock, UConn beat the #1 team in the country (Texas) and its a huge upset, and a big deal)

Im about to go watch a football game (soccer for you Americans who are confused) at a pub with a friend, because I've decided I want to try and see if I like it or not..so it should be interesting, seeing as I've never watched a game before in my life...oh well! It's all about the experience.

That's all for now, Cheerio!!



oh and ps- i have yet to get any mail, which means every single person reading this who has told me "i'll send you something (*cough* Caroline Atwood *cough*) has failed. lets get on that! :) hahahaha

2 comments:

  1. I told you "I'll send you something" TODAY! You have to give me a few weeks to come up with something and then a week for the mail.
    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a whiney hiney. you have been there for less than a month. also, i have received minimal mail from you- so if we figure out the frequency of which you are expecting mail and the amount of time i have been in spain, you owe me a lot of mail. better get on it!

    ReplyDelete