Cheerio from the other side of the pond!!! It's weird to think that it's only midafternoon in CT...anywho, we had our first full weekend here, and it was pretty great! Its definitely weird that I don't have class on Friday or Monday, but I think I'll get used to it hahaha..Saturday we went to Kensington, which was really pretty..we went to the natural history museum, the victoria & albert museum, and the science museum for a little as well. It was frustrating because we went on a saturday morning, so there were tons of tourists and little children running around, making it hard to walk around the museums..but I guess I can go back at some point..We also went to Harrods, which made me really depressed because EVERYTHING was ridiculously expensive, and i really wish i could spend money there...but thats probably not gonna happen...oh well!! sunday we got to sleep in, and it was WONDERFUL!! I slept a solid 10 hours, and finally saw the sunshine!! it was great, because we havent seen the sun since we've been here hahaha..we went to Barbican, which is a really pretty area near us where you can go and just chill..they have a lot of local artsy films and exhibits, so it might be cool to check it out at some point...then last night we successfully cooked our first real meal of the semester..it consisted of pasta with a pesto tomato sauce, garlic bread, salad, and mashed potatoes..it was a great success, and SO GOOD to have a real cooked meal. if anyone wants to send me mac & cheese, I would not be opposed and pretty much be the happiest person EVER!!!! it was really nice to just relax last night too, because we've been going non stop since we've gotten here so down time was great. Then today we decided to be tourists in London, so we took the tube to see Westminister Abbey, Parliament, Big Ben, and everything in that area..we were going to go to the Eye, but it's under renovation until I think tomorrow, so we're just going to go back at night at some point..Big Ben was SO GORGEOUS. it was really cool because we walked out of the tube station and it was literally right there...and parliament was really awesome too, we went into the House of Commons and sat in on session. The inside of the building was so pretty..All of the buildings here are just so much more detailed than anything in the states, and it's gorgeous. London is definitely a great city, and I'm starting to be able to find my way around..Classes start tomorrow, which I am excited about. I have one class tuesday, my volunteer placement on wednesday, and two classes on thursday..so my schedule won't be all that terrible.
I also found out where I was going to be placed today!! Im going to be at a center (i dont remember what it's called) But I will be working with women ages 8-18 who are all of different ethnicities..It's pretty much a center where women who aren't as lucky as we are, and I am going to work with them and boost their self esteem and help out..I am very excited about it, especially because I am going to be working with a mixed group of people, which is something I really stressed wanting to do in my application.
Anyway..thats all for now..be keeping your eyes open for a link to a website with my pictures, it's just easier that way for those who don't have facebook (that means you Tom 100)
Here is my address, in hope that I will get mail sometime soon! the first address is a good place to send a package, and the second is if you just wanna send a letter or something..the reason they're different is because the mail at my flats is pretty much just a free for all, so if you send a package to it bad things could happen..
if you're sending me a package, here's the address!!
University of Connecticut in London
c/o Florida State University London Study Centre
To: Holly Hennick
98-99 Great Russell Street
Bloomsbury
LONDON WC1B 3LH
UNITED KINGDOM
if you're sending me just regular snail mail, here's the address!!
Holly Hennick
4-7 Crawford Passage
Islington, London EC1R 3DB
have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you don't have class on Monday or Friday?! ahh I'm so jealous. that will be really great for weekend trips though!
ReplyDelete