Soooooo as many of you probably know already, Tom 100, Nance, and Meghan aren't in London, and aren't coming anymore...Iceland decided that it was ok to allow a volcano to errupt, and cause heathrow airport, along with every other airport around the UK and other parts of Europe to close until further notice..so sadly, no family to visit me :( I guess it could be worse, they could've been stuck here not able to get back..now that would've been interesting..I'm disappointed, but I guess it makes my life a tad easier because I do have lots to do before I leave..
Since my last update I have been doing a lot of school work, booking some flights and hostels, and just enjoying the absolutely GORGEOUS weather that London has had the past week. It has been blue skies, sunny, and just amazing outside giving me absolutely no motivation to do any work. It'll get done in time..I'm not all that concerned...
Today we went to Oxford, and it is definitely an adorable little town. Lots of little shops to go into, places to eat, and just a gorgeous area to see. We walked around the different colleges, had a picnic in the park, and just enjoyed what my RA said was "the nicest day the UK has had to offer to us." Needless to say I think I got some sun today, which is always a plus. I loved being able to just walk around and soak up the sun, and not have to worry about going anywhere or doing anything..it was a nice way to destress before all the work sets in thats due this week
Even though my parents aren't visiting, I'm still getting a visitor tomorrow! Maggie is coming for a little bit to hang out and such (and also see Phantom of the Opera- Thanks Tom and Nance!) instead of the parents...
It's kind of ironic because the sunniest days in London show no signs of the aftermath from this volcano..Oh well!!
For anyone who's curious, I'm spending my last week in Europe in Spain..so I guess I might have to change around my blog name jajajaja..oops! hopefully the ash won't mess with my plans..that would be muy triste! :'(
enough of my rambling. time for bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment