Friday, March 12, 2010

It's official...Nutella is the best kind of gelato

So now that I have been home for exactly a week from Italy, I've realized a few things when comparing it to London.

1) The food is SO MUCH BETTER. Honestly, while in Italy I had some of the best meals that I have ever had...I had different pizza, pasta, delicious dessert, and just lots of good stuff...I had cheese pizza, mushroom pizza, and my personal favorite..a pizza with mozzarella cheese, and tomato..it was sooo good..I also had some delicious pasta dishes..the traditional spaghetti, eggplant parm, and pesto....sooooooooo good
2) It's a much cleaner city. In London they don't believe in trash cans being on the streets, and pretty much there is one like..every few blocks..but in Italy they had them everywhere! Also, just the air felt cleaner...Everything about it (minus the bedbugs I got while in Venice) was just a lot cleaner
3) The people are friendlier..In London people tend to be a bit rude, but Italy everyone is so nice to you, and ESPECIALLY compared to Paris, its just a much happier atmosphere!!
4) The desserts don't even compare. Honestly, I could eat Gelato every day of my life and be completely satisfied with my life..it is SOOOOOO good. As you can tell by the name of this blog, my favorite kind was Nutella..it was definitely the best one that I had, and I liked it enough to have it multiple times


That's all I can really think of right now, but pretty much Italy was amazing..

We started off flying into Venice, and after having to make our way to the airport in the pouring rain at 430 AM, we got to the airport and landed in Venice with no problems...In Venice, they get around through their water taxi system..so pretty much we were able to get around on a little boat that was super low to the water..luckily it wasn't like the tour we did in Hawaii back in the day, so I avoided getting sea sick. We stayed at a small hotel in Venice..and minus the fact that it gave me bed bugs, it wasn't all that bad. The bites were only on my arms, and it was miserable..but I made through it and survived...Venice within itself was just really pretty,and life there is so simple. All the streets are lined with shops, and restaurants..it's just a really gorgeous area..and there is an AMAZING cathedral in Venice, St. Mark's Basilica. It is absolutley amazing, and honestly reminded me of the castle from Aladdin...other than that, there isn't a whole of sites to see in Venice. We took a small 4 hour tour that took us to 3 different islands off of Venice, including the Murano glass blowing factory which was really cool..The guy sculpted a horse out of a small ball of glass, and it was just amazing to see..we also saw the island of Burano, and the houses there were so bright and colorful! I really enjoyed Venice, but you definitely don't need more than a day there so I was glad because I felt as though we spent the perfect amount of time in the city. We left midafternoon and got on the train to go to Florence, which was definitely the highlight of the week.

I must put this post on pause, because I have to go get Meghan from the train station..I almost didn't bother posting this at all, but I thought my faithful readers (aka anyone in my family) would appreciate the fact that I'm putting this on hold for her..haha...

Until later..Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Who cares about Meghan?! Write in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! Sorry I haven't been on since... never, I think. I've just had tons of homework. Even now it's March break and I've been doing... homework. I went to visit Poopsie, though, and we spent a day in New York. Were there actually bed bugs? How much did they hurt? They have Nutella gelato? I love Nutella, I love gelato... but together! Yum!

    ReplyDelete