Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I should be getting paid for this...

So the past couple weeks have been pretty jam packed busy, and I honestly haven't had a whole lot of time to myself..Once I got back from Italy, I had two guests come, and let me tell you.. I should be paid for playing host/tour guide..It was definitely a lot of fun, but the whole getting up and doing stuff constantly was exhausting..and what did i get out of it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..

Just kidding of course..Being a tourist in London is always a fun thing, and I got to experience some new things, as well as the classic sites of London...One of the highlights of the past couple weeks was definitely going to the London Eye. We did it at night, and it was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Everything was all lit up, and it was really pretty..I think when Tom 100 and Nance are here, I'm going to make them take me on it again when the sun is setting, because that is apparently supposed to be really gorgeous as well because you get the best of both worlds...Another really awesome thing that I did was see the Tower of London..the crowned jewels are HUGE, and pretty impressive..it was amusing because the way they take you through them to see the jewels are on a moving sidewalk thing, so it's really entertaining..Also, we did the beef eaters tour, which is a "must do" in London..It was really funny because our tour guide was hilarious, and had a lot of little stories to tell about the Tower of London. I also got to experience the Jack the Ripper Tour, which was corny but pretty entertaining..Definitely could've done without because it was soooooooo cold, but I was forced to do it! haha just kidding of course..I'm glad I did it, but it was really cold so by the end I was frozen solid...

It was also really fun to be in London for St. Patty's day!! Meghan and I went to the St. Patty's parade/festival at Trafalgar Square, and there were so many people there! It was a gorgeous day though, and the weather was just awesome...It's getting to be really sunny here, which is awesome because I was getting sick of the rain...St. Patty's day itself was ABSOLUTELY CRAZY. there were sooooo many people all over the place, and every place we went into was absolutely packed. It was definitely fun to experience, but the amount of people was just out of control. We made the most of it, even though we could barely move anywhere...

Anyway...as for other things in my life, I've been trying to get my act together for next semester..let me just say one thing..trying to figure out where you're gonna live, and what classes you're gonna take when you are 4 hours ahead of everyone else is not only stressful, but highly annoying..I'm slowly working towards figuring out what I'm going to take, so hopefully that will all work out..It's also official that I'm going to be working at camp again this summer on counseling staff, so I'm starting to get excited for our trip to PANAMA!!! Like last summer, we're going to go and run camp there for 10 days and do mission work there..so I"m really looking forward to that...I miss being in the states right now, especially UConn, because I'm missing march madness, and it is ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME. reading about the games online just isn't the same as watching them..oh well, i guess beggars can't be choosers..I'm going to my first EVER (and probably only) football (soccer) match tonight, so I am SUPER excited about that.. I'm seeing the Westham United Football Club vs Wolverhampton..it's going to be awesome :)


I'm aware this blog post is all over the place..but hey, it is what it is..GO HAMMERS!!!

(and of course the Huskies as well..the women though, not the men..because the men suck and the women are better..also because the men didnt make the tourny..but oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment