For anyone who isn't a Beatles fan, that's where the lyrics are from...I figured I'd do something related to the Beatles for my blog about Liverpool, especially for Caroline because I know how much she loves them :) hahaha
Anyway...Liverpool was definitely the best place within London that I've been so far..I loved it because it wasn't too huge of a city, but it also wasn't small with absolutely nothing to do. By train it took us about 3 hours to get there..when we arrived we got into our hostel..since this was our big group trip, everything was booked/paid for already so I really didn't have to deal with any of that hassle which is always nice.
After spending a little time in the hostel, the entire group (all 28 of us) headed out to the nightlife in Liverpool, or as Konstantin said "don your best outfits to hit the nightlife scene!" What a hoot. So we went to the original Cavern Club. For people who don't know what that is, its the original pub where the Beatles were discovered. The pub was really cool because it was pretty much underground. The music was also really good, and the guy did a bunch of Beatles covers..AND he sang Hotel California..and for anyone who knows me AT ALL, I was pretty much the happiest person ever..haha..After going to the Cavern for a while, we went to check out the rest of the nightlife in Liverpool. We ended up in a 70s 80s and 90s club, which was sooo much fun. The music was awesome, and they absolutely loved Americans which is always fun/entertaining..It was also really amusing to see what all the locals wore..Definitely saw some people dressed up as bumblebees, cops, and then just the "going out" attire was just different compared to home..
The next day we got up and headed to the Beatles Story, the entire museum dedicated to the Beatles. It was a really well done museum, especially in the way it was set up..Itr had a different room for all the eras, and different things to represent all of their songs as well, and lots of memorabilia. It's definitely one of the best museums I've seen...
After the Beatles Museum we went to the Liverpool Football Stadium and had a full tour of it. Being a new fan of football to begin with, it was definitely different from what I expected. I'm used to there being a big, built up stadium for sporting events..but the stadiums here are simpler than anything in the US..Even the locker rooms aren't that nice, where as the ones I've seen are super fancy and expensive. I guess it doesn't take a whole lot to please the football players like it does for the majority of the athletes back in the states..
We then headed to the biggest cathedral in all of Britain. It definitely stuck out like a sore thumb. Built around it is a much of small town houses, and it is just a HUGE cathedral. It is definitely one of the coolest I've seen...It was HUGE really daunting and dark on the outside, and then walking in it was huge, and the stained glass windows were absolutely amazing.
Liverpool was definitely one of the coolest places I've ever been. If anyone ever has a chance to go there while in London, I'd DEFINITELY recommend it...It was a great way to start off what ended up being an amazing spring break..more on that later..I'm off to finish watching Gilmore Girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment