Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Touching the ocean!!

Greetings!! So yet again, it's been a while since I've updated this blog, a week to be exact..oops!!! anyway,I haven't been up to that much lately..last week after Paris was spent doing work and getting caught up on stuff that's due the week before spring break, which is coming up super fast! I'm super excited for Italy!!!

Placement has been going pretty well..its exhausting, and last week we spent the majority of our time going door to door to promote our holiday program (which is taking place this week)..i still hate going door to door, its so awkward and uncomfortable...i also went yesterday (monday) and am going again tomorrow (wednesday) because my coordinator is short staffed..so yesterday I went into placement and helped her run the program for the day...it was really cool because we went to this park..but it wasn't your typical swings and slide park, but it was called an "adventure" park..pretty much it just had a bunch of obstacle courses, zip lines, and just a lot of awesome stuff that I never would've imagined in a park..

Also last Friday, a group of 10 of us from our program were asked to meet with a women from UConn and talk to her about our experience thus far with our volunteer work, and London in general..it was really fun because we were already reflecting on stuff, and we've only been here for just over a month, and it made me realize just how quick our time is going by here, and it's only gonna go that much faster..

On Saturday, we made a day trip to Brighton, which is this gorgeous area on the ocean with a stone beach!! Although it was freezing cold, we still managed to go and touch the water haha...We also went and saw the Royal Pavilion, which reminded me so much of Aladdin, and was sooo gorgeous..it was just too bad because we couldn't take any pictures inside...Also at Brighton, we had DELICIOUS fish & chips..I swear it's going to be so depressing going home, because nothing can compare to the fish & chips that I've had here...

Sunday was also really awesome..I went to church, and it was really cool because a band that I really like started it, and I just really enjoyed the service..if you're curious, google Hillsong Church London...then after that I just relaxed, and then at night one of my friends from the program cooked dinner for a bunch of us, and it was so delicious, and nice to have dinner cooked for me hahaha :)

Other than that, I really haven't been doing much lately..I'm going to Ireland this weekend with Meghan, so that will be fun, especially when Tom 100 treats us to a meal!! hahaha


Cheerio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment